Sunday, July 15, 2007

No sharks around in this cold water

Today I went down to Glentana to see if I could hook into any sharks of the cliffs just pass the old shipwreck.Wildeperd After a hours walk over rocks, ledges and sand I arrived there and felt that the water is icy cold. Not a good sign for sharks.

I cut myself some redbait of the rocks and tried to land any small bankfish to use as livebait. Even the bankfish were off the bite today. I managed to catch this one small Wildeperd(Zebra) but released it again.
A little later I caught a small blacktail and slid that out into the deep water.
After about 2 hours I realised that nothing exiting will be happening so I decided to explore a bit.

Opening of caveAt low tide the water opened a cave that is normally submerged under the water and I just took a change to run in and take a quick picture before the next set of waves came washing in there again. At the deepest part of the cave I found this small pool filled with crystal clear water. It was freshwater slowly dripping through from the mountain on top. Inside there everything just felt so relaxed and calm. I wish I could have stayed longer but was brought back to earth by the sound of waves rushing into the cave so I had to run over the slippery rocks to get out in time.Pool in cave






After exploring for another while I decided to pack up and head home. I cannot wait for the winter to pass so that the fishing can start again. For the next few weeks I'll do some posts on fishing traces and I am attempting to build a 14 ft surf rod so I'll let you know how that goes. But there will still be some odd trips in between.


I GOT A REAL XTREME FISHING TRIP PLANNED FOR SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER SO WATCH THIS SPACE. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE

No comments: