Monday, June 18, 2007

Fishing the winter blues

The last two weeks I did not really have time for fishing. Winter is starting to come through at full force and between all the cold fronts I also have a baby busy teething. Generally the fishing here dies down till around September month when the water slowly starts to get a bit warmer.

I did fish the Sealine 2Oceans challange on Saturday. What a disappointment for me to drive 350 kilometers to Betty's Bay near Cape town only to catch one baber. BUT thats fishing for you...Unpredictable!!!

On the way back I stopped at Breede River mouth, Witsand to slide for a raggie of the rocks there. More babers and I caught a few small "penhaaie" That's a small shark with strong barbs on its fin. Nasty little fish.

The next few days I'll spend my time fly fishing for garricks in the river here and playing some fishing games.

Have a look at my fish album at http://www.xtremefishingphotos.blogspot.com and the spots where we fish around here at http://xtremefishingreports.blogspot.com

No comments: